Nursing Aide (NA)
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct care with assistance or guidance in structured settings to individuals with commonly occurring and recurring health problems. The graduates of the nursing assistant program are provided an educational foundation for further their studies at all nursing levels. The Certified Nursing Assistant provides care under the supervision of a registered Nurse (RN)
For Admission consideration, each prospective student must meet the following criteria:
• Students will be considered for admission regardless of race, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ancestry, disability or natural origin.
• Proof of age is mandatory from all prospective NA students.
• Mandatory English and Math Entrance examination is required of all prospective NA students
• All CAPTEC NA graduates will be subjected to background check by DOH prior to licensing. Department of Health may not certify any prospective NA student with positive criminal background results.
• Candidates must submit negative police report.
• Every person admitted to instruction shall be a bona fide student intending to complete the program to which admitted.
1. NA= 135 Hours (5 weeks ) Time: 8 AM to 2PM Monday - Friday
2. Must be at least 18 years old.
3. Copy of Social Security Card
4. High school / Diploma/GED or its equivalent
5. Current Police Report
6. Current physical examination
7. Current Proof of Negative TB/PPD -Tuberculosis Test or Chest X – ray PPD
8. 1 Reference Letter
9. Current CPR Certificate
10. Current First Aid Certificate
11. White Uniform (short sleeves )/white shoes(no open front)
12. Second Hand Watch
13. Mandatory English &Math Entrance examination
14. 2” by 2” Passport photo (3)
15. 100 % Class Attendance
16. 80% aggregate score in Theory, workbook and lab skills to advance to clinical
17. Mandatory 40 Hours clinical practice
18. Text book & work book (students responsibility) Text book &Work book- A Textbook for Home Health Aides by William Leahy MD with Jetta Fuzy, RN, MS and Julie Grafe, RN, BSN” 4TH Edition
NOTE: CLASSES WILL BE CANCELLED IF THERE IS A LOW ENROLLMENT.