CNA- Bridge Home Health Aide
The CNA- Bridge Home Health Aide (BHHA) is designed to accommodate licensed certified Nursing Assistant who for one reason or the other want to function at Home. The curriculum is approved and deigned by DOH. These CNAs must fall within 24 months post license to merit 40 hours BHHA curriculum. A CNA who graduated more than 24 months post license is expected to repeat the entire HHA curriculum as the regulation requires.
For Admission consideration, each prospective student must meet the following criteria:
• Students will be considered for admission regardless of race, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ancestry, disability or natural origin.
• Mandatory age from all respective Bridge HHA students.
• Candidates must submit negative police report.
• All CAPTEC HHA graduates will be subjected to background check by DOH prior to licensing. Department of Health may not certify any prospective HHA student with positive criminal background results.
• Every person admitted to instruction shall be a bona fide student intending to complete the program to which admitted.
• Tuition fee is nonrefundable, no installment al payment
• 40 Hours Home Health Aide Bridge - Training program Enrollment Form 10 Days
1. DC CNA/GNA license or NNAAP must be Less than 24 months
2. DC CNA/ MD GNA license or NNAAP is over 24 months- repeat the entire HHA program
3. Must be at least 18 years old.
4. Copy of Social security card
5. Current Police Report
6. All CAPTEC BHHA graduates will be subjected to background check by DOH prior to licensing. Department of Health may not certify any prospective HHA student with positive criminal background results.
7. Current physical examination.
8. Current Proof of Negative TB/PPD -Tuberculosis Test or Chest X – ray PPD
9. Current CPR Certificate
10. Current First Aid Certificate
11. White Uniform (short sleeves )/white shoes(no open front)
12. Second Hand Watch
13. 2” by 2” Passport photo (3)
14. 100 % Class Attendance
15. 80% aggregate score in Theory, workbook and lab skills to advance to clinical
16. Mandatory 16 Hours clinical practice
17. 3 Black pens, and 2 notebooks.
18. DC Board fee
NOTE: CLASSES WILL BE CANCELLED IF THERE IS A LOW ENROLLMENT.